Highland Bikes Terms and Conditions
- Making your Payment
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Switch, Solo and Delta Credit/Debit cards.
- How to Contact Us
- A full set of contact details is included on our Contact Page including a simple form for you to use to email us.
- Shipping and Handling
- Bikes will be shipped for a cost of £10.00. Some models and/or special offer bikes may incur additional charges. In these cases, we will advise you of these charges before your order is processed.
Accessories, including frames and forks, over the value of £50 will be shipped carriage free. Otherwise a charge of £4.00 will be added. Some heavier and/or special offer items may incur additional charges. In these cases, we will advise you of these charges before your order is processed.
Please note that we do not ship outside the UK. Any orders placed online will not be processed and the order will be cancelled.
- Your Security and Credit Card Security
- We value your security and as such have done our utmost to ensure that none of your personal information is at risk while you are visiting our site.
If you select to use our secure server option, you will be transferred to the secure server prior to your payment details being requested. The secure server uses 128 bit encryption and as such you can feel confident that your details cannot be intercepted by any third party at any point during the transaction.
Should you prefer, you can request a call back via our contact form and we can collect your order and payment details by telephone within 48 hours, thus ensuring that at no point are your details stored in any transmission across the internet. Alternatively, you may use the fax order facility to provide your credit card details.
- All prices quoted on this website include VAT at the UK rate of 20% except helmets, children's clothes and books which are zero rated.
- Your privacy
- Back Orders
- Any ordered items that are not in stock can be placed on back order which simply means that as soon as the items come into stock we will send them to you.
Back orders can be cancelled at any time.
- If you wish to complain.
- In the unlikely event that you have a problem with any aspect of our service you can complain to any of the following:
Mum or Dad, Brother or Sister, Cat or Dog, Minister, Bloke down the pub, Your mates cousin.
or, you can complain to us as we are the only ones who can sort out any problems that you have with our service.
Seriously, should you be dissatisfied in any way please don't feel that you can't complain to us. We will take all complaints seriously but we can only resolve any grievances if you tell us about them. You can contact us in any way detailed in our contact section where we will do our best to sort out any problems as quickly as possible.
- Should it be necessary to return an item you have ordered for any reason, you must in the first instance contact us for a ‘Returns Number’.
If you have ordered something that does not fit or you have simply changed your mind, just contact us within 7 working days for a returns number and send the item back to us for an exchange or refund. Items must be in new and completely unused condition and returned with the original packaging along with the proof of purchase.
With regard to warranty problems, we endeavour to have any issues resolved as quickly and with as little inconvenience to you as possible. Should you experience any problems, it will be necessary for you to return the items for inspection along with a proof of purchase. Don’t forget to contact us for your returns number first. After inspection, should the goods turn out to be faulty we reserve the right to repair or replace as required.
Postage cannot be refunded for returned items, however should your returned goods turn out to be faulty we will send the replacement/repaired items to you postage free.
- and finally...
- Highland Bicycle Co is an actual bicycle shop. We have all the bikes and accessories listed on this site on display in our shop.
Now the unfortunate thing about some mail order bikes, is that the company you buy them from rarely ever remove them from the box. You receive the bike as it left the factory. You can take it from us that every bike we unpack takes at least 1 hour to make it ready to cycle. If you decide to check out our competition and they tell you that all you have to do is turn the bars and put on the pedals on, ask them if they unpack the bike and service it before they send it to you.
Every bike that we sell is unpacked, correctly assembled and serviced, repackaged and is delivered to you as ready to cycle as we can make it (allowing for packaging). In most cases, all you genuinely have to do is fit the pedals and turn the handlebars but only because we’ve done the rest.
Because we are a working bike shop and not just a faceless mail order company, we occasionally run out of stock. If this is the case we promise to let you know and to give you the most accurate delivery date we can.
Delivery times can vary but are usually between 1-3 days but we do our best to get your items to you as fast as we can. If you need something for a particular time eg you’re going on holiday in 2 days, please let us know, so if we cannot fulfil your order in time we can let you know and you can make other arrangements if necessary. While we appreciate your business, we would prefer to lose a sale than let you down.